Our Story

Illinois Marketing Equipment, Inc was founded as a privately owned petroleum service organization in 1954. In 1995, the employees were offered the opportunity to purchase the business from the owner on his retirement. They formed an ESOP and the new IOME came into existence. From 1995 to today, the company has grown from a local parts organization serving a large portion of the Midwest, occasionally from California to Virginia, and over 70 full time personnel.

To offer our customers the latest in technical developments we are also registered members of IPMA, PEI, IPECA, Greater Peoria Contractors, Indiana Petroleum Marketers, Missouri Petroleum Marketers and the ESOP Organization.

Our History

2010

IOME is home to 46 Employee Owners

2007
2003

Added Preventitive Maintenance and Compliance Departments

Expanded Automotive Lift and Lube Departments

2002

Paid off company note.

2000

Moved to new building in Pekin, IL to support expansion.

1995

18 employees purchase IOME. Company becomes ESOP and 100% employee owned.

1975

Moved to Bartonville, IL for expansion.

1964

Incorporated in the state of Illinois as Illinois Oil Marketing Equipment Inc (IOME)

1954

Illinois Service Company established by Bob Norman in Peoria, IL